As an IT executive (CIO) with over 16 years’ experience, I’ve worn many hats in my career - Programmer, Manager, Executive and Strategist. As a result, I have a unique ability to manage multi-disciplinary projects and to navigate complex challenges in a variety of industries, I have consulted for 2 of the leading South African banks and worked as a Technical Consultant for the financial & mining sector and headed the IT function for multinationals such as Appletiser and Parmalat. A value hunter with a passion for creating business value thru IT and driving the digital strategy for the business.Experienced in managing local and international teams of IT personnel to support the delivery of IT solutions in accordance with excellent governance practices, strategic objectives & quality standards. My skills include implementing IT strategies & operating models, people management & application development and support & implementation. I have been recognised for successfully ensuring that work is performed according to predefined service levels & for upholding operational level agreements.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• IT strategy planning, development and implementation.
• IT operating model planning, development and implementation.
• Managing IT capital and operational expenditure budgets.
• Contract negotiation and vendor management
• Balancing stakeholder expectations with systems capabilities.
• Managing departments.
• Matrix management within a dispersed environment on a regional and national level.
• Application development, support & implementation & project and system life cycle experience.
• Application portfolio management & project portfolio management.
• Change agent to improve processes & procedures within the IT delivery environment.
• Master systems planning and maintenance as well as implementation planning & execution.